April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday....to me!

Yesterday was my birthday. It started off not so great because of the weather. The plan was to go to the zoo and since it was kind of cold and dark outside, I thought it would be too cold for Tali. I was a little bummed because I LOVE the zoo and I really wanted to go. We decided we would try and figure something out later.

We had fun making fruit pizza together and Tali seemed quite interested in what we were doing. In fact, she was trying to bust out of her high chair to get to it because she knew it was edible.

For lunch Brian made me this really yummy chicken and broccoli alfredo dish. What a nice hubby!

I guess he was feeling kind of fancy so he broke out the fancy glasses and poured some white grape juice in them. He cracks me up! I love my hubby!

As the weather slowly got better around 3:00 p.m. we decided that it was finally warm enough to go to the zoo. When we got there, it was about 4:50 and we had 10 minutes until it closed. I was yet again a little disappointed but determined to do something fun. On our way home, Brian suggested we go to the park nearby (which happened to be mine and Brian's park) to walk around. Tali LOVED watching the ducks and geese.
We took a few photos....

and while walking around, I found this tree that had this heart-shaped knot in it. I thought it was pretty cool so of course I had to take a picture.


We then went out to dinner with some friends where we had a very interesting waiter.
Tali kept eye-balling my icecream my friends had them bring me. I couldn't resist. I gave in and gave her some of my birthday icecream.


After dinner we went home for some yummy fruit pizza! Mmmm! Tali really enjoyed it too!


\


See? She just cracked us all up! Apparently, she was so tuckered out she started to fall asleep after eating the fruit pizza. Check out that hair! Hahaha!

Brian had teased me all day that I wasn't going to get his gift until the very end of the day.......I don't think he was kidding. At 11:45 last night he brought it to me and this is what it was

Oh yeah! The first 3 books in the Twilight series (I already had the last book).
It really turned out to be a wonderful birthday!
Thanks Brian! I love you!

2 comments:

Ma M said...

Sounds like you had a good birthday. Looks like Tali enjoyed it also. Oh, by the way, nice wrapping for your birthday present. hahaha

Cher said...

happy birthday! sorry the zoo didn't work out, i love the zoo too.