May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

Here is a shout out to all you wonderful and totally awesome Mommies out there!

For Mother's day, my totally awesome hubby got me some peonies and my favorite tree (red Japanese Maple) for our backyard. We had such an awesome time planting our new additions to our yard on our Anniversary. We are officially done planting in our yard! YAY!!! Brian did it for me for our Anniversary/Mothers Day. What a good hubby! Here are some pictures of our yard.
It doesn't look as good as it normally does because I haven't had a chance ot weed the front planting areas by the sidewalk, but other than that, it normally looks really good.

This is our backyard. See my pretty tree in the back corner? It looks kind of bare because most of the plants we planted were from seed and hadn't popped out of the ground yet. It's ginormous!....well, it's bigger than we've ever had.

For our anniversary, Brian took me to see the best "chick flick" EVER!....Brian had taken me to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. What a romantic! Hahaha! We actually agreed to go see it since we don't get to see movies very often. I highly recommend it....especially if you're a Hugh Jackman fan! After the movie, we came home, worked in the garden and had a BBQ in the backyard. It was SOOOO nice! I absolutely LOVED it! Here are some of the pictures.

Tali really LOVED roasting marshmallows. In fact, she actually got upset when we were all done roasting them.


She loves me. See? I have proof!

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mommies!

5 comments:

Lera said...

Happy Mothers Day! Your yard is looking awesome!

Laura said...

Your back yard is AWESOME! It, looks really nice. I love the fire pit. Did you guys build that or buy it? Oh, and Happy mother's day! and congrats to Tali walking.

Becky said...

How fun! Isn't it great to have your own piece of land to do whatever you want with- oh the possibilities! Your house and yard are so cute! Pretty cute family that lives there too! :)

Janna said...

Very nice. I love red Japanese Maple trees too. I have one in my front yard. Atleast I think that is what it is anyway. Very pretty. Sounds like you had a wonderful mothers day.

Lynette said...

Okay...I found your correct blogspot address and...I'm ALL caught up on reading about your life.

Happy 4 Year Anniversary!!!!!!! I forgot it was in May.

And Happy Birthday, Tali.

I need to come see you, Amy-lou!!! And I WILL.

P.S. I think you and I may be vying for different A.I. winners. If Kris should win, I'll still be your friend, okay?? : ):)

Love ya, Amy!