April 1, 2016

World Events

Yesterday I (Amy) had seen a wonderful video on YouTube about the "last days" based on a talk given by Prident Ezra Taft Benson.  I had taken notes on it and found the tone of it less fearful and more hopeful.  It gave me cause for great reflection thinking of the world events they way they are.  
The other day, I had my rant about people not helping the refugees who are here in the United States.  I found it interesting and even validating when at the General Women's Conference they discussed just that.  Sister Linda K. Burton- General Relief Society President gave a wonderful and profound talk and said "what if their story were my story."
As I have been reflecting on her words and the counsel of the church to help the refugees, I came across something in my reading today.  I was reading in Ezekiel 35.  It talked about the scattering and gathering of Israel.  I could be wrong, but here are some things I had thought of.  With so many refugees fleeing here to the US, could that be a part of the scattering that was spoken of?  Perhaps people are fleeing here from all the tribes of Israel to learn the gospel so they may be gathered again into the land of their inheritance.  Perhaps that is why they came here.  Perhaps the Lord is preserving them and their seed so that they may hear and accept the gospel and return to their land after the destruction of the wicked.  What a blessing!  I hope and pray that we may help those refugees in whatever way possible.   

Here is the link to the video of the last days that I had watched yesterday.

Here is the link to all of the talks and videos given at the General Women's Conference.  The two talks that really stood out to me were by Linda K. Burton and Cheryl A Esplin.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?cid=HP_SA_3-26-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

No comments: