February 19, 2017

January Blues

Back in January everyone in our family with the exception of Jairus were sick. It was not fun. Spiked fevers and coughs wiped us out. One day we ended up missing church which I absolutely hate doing, but we didn't want to get anyone sick. So instead, we all took a drive to see the temple. It was a nice drive even though we couldn't walk around. It was a little bit of what I needed that day.
First, we drove to the Jordan River Temple. This was the temple I went to all the time during my youth. In fact, it was the first one I ever got to do temple work in. Brian used to work at this temple too. I have very fond memories of this temple. It's still just as beautiful as I remembered.
We then drove around Salt Lake Temple.
The weather outside that day looked how I felt, but when I saw the temple, I felt a sense of peace even though I was struggling with a lot at that time.
A little over a week ago Brian & I had the opportunity to go do some temple work which helped me get centered again. I really do ❤️ to see the temple!

No comments: