June 14, 2020

Baseball and a Happy Birthday

Our kids have officially been put on baseball/softball teams. Tali's team is calling themselves the Angry Geckos (because their team color is green and they thought geckos were cute), Jairus is on the Giants team, and Zach & Silas are on the YANKEES!!!! Whoo hoo! The boys are all excited because they will all have a Yankees uniform. Tali is liking softball but is not very confident in her skills, but we are working on that. 

For the last few weeks, I have been gathering photos and stories from my siblings in order to put together a book for my mom for her 70th birthday. There were some hang-ups, however, we were able to pull it together somewhat at the last minute. It turned out great and I am so grateful! I have to admit it was great to be able to see family. I had hugged my niece and then my sister and I just broke down. I hadn't hugged someone for so long outside of my immediate family and I felt a huge relief! I really needed that for my mental health. Not that I didn't enjoy the hugs from my own family, because I do. It was just so good to be able to embrace my sister. I knew that none of them were sick or had been around anyone that had been sick, so I was able to let my guard down a little. We were able to have a barbeque and chocolate cake with raspberry filling and ice cream. It was such a good day!  

My mom's cake
 Me and my momma

My stepdad even gave me this painting of his that I really liked. 

This whole quarantine stuff has been awful, but we are pushing through it. I had recently decided to get off of facebook with the exception of my ward page, emergency prep, and BYU-I pages. It was a huge sigh of relief! I'm not as troubled as I have been and I can honestly say that I feel more at peace. 

I am so grateful for being able to get back to some type of normalcy with baseball and being able to spend time with family that I hadn't seen in what feels like forever!

No comments: