June 18, 2009

GET AWAY FROM MY MOMMY!!!

The last couple of days I have been having some physical issues. Today I had called the doctor to see if I could get in to see him about it. I just wanted to make sure that my diagnosis was correct which it was....I'm pregnant! HAHAHA! Just kidding.

After getting there and waiting for about half an hour or so, the doctor finally came in. Then he asked for the symptoms. Tali was flirting with the doctor at first and then the doctor wanted me to get up on the table so he could check all the typical stuff. As soon as the doctor asked me to lie down, Tali started screaming and crying. My only assumption is she was under the impression that I was going to get a shot. She now knows that that is what happens when she gets onto the table at the doctor's office. It was so funny and yet so sad to see her cry and yes, I was a little proud and happy that my daughter loves me enough not to want to see me get a shot. It was so funny, I couldn't help but laugh. It's a good thing I only needed a prescription.

Brian and I are looking forward to our ward camp-out. We even started dehydrating fruit for the trip. Which reminds me. Those of you who wanted to know where and how much I paid for the dehydrator, it was $40 at Walmart. This will be our first time going as a married couple let a lone with a child. My only concern is what the heck do I put Tali in so she stays warm at night? They obviously don't make baby sleeping bags. Our sleeping bags are mummy bags and don't provide a lot space for an extra person. We plan on taking blankets, but will that be warm enough for a one year old??? What have you done when going camping with a baby or little person? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Put her in a pair of sweats and warm socks. Then cover her in blankets. Should keep her nice and toasty!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy...put her in a snow suit. That is what one of the couples did that we went camping with over the weekend. Don't forget to put a hat on her head. -Abs

Lera said...

That's cute that she is so concerned about you. What a sweetie.

jasnjan said...

I put a hat on their head and usually open up a sleeping bag and sleep on top of it with lots of blankets with the baby. If she is snuggled next to you she won't be cold. Long Johns and a one piece fleece jammies also helps if it is really cold.

Have fun!
Jan