It's been a long day, but some good news did come from it.
The first piece of good news was I bought our Halloween costumes today and got $20 off coupon from a magazine I subscribe to. Whoo hoo!
I'm going to apologize in advance because I have been talking about my garden a lot lately. My second piece of good news is that I have I FINALLY finished canning my huge pile of tomatoes from our garden. We had so many, I begged my family and friends from our ward to save me from canning more tomatoes. THANK YOU!!! I still ended up with a big pile on on my counter which I have lovingly named "Monson's Tomato Mountain." I started out at a good pace and I would have been done by probably 3pm, but obviously I did have a child to take care of so instead I was done by about 8:30 p.m. I ended up canning 13 pint size jars of stewing tomatoes. It would have been 14 but one of the jars broke in the water bath. Within a week I have canned 22 (technically 23) jars of tomatoes! I am so DONE!
The third piece of good news is when I looked out at my sad little almost dead garden today, I found quite a treat! EIGHT cantaloupe which gave us a grand total of NINE (I had one on my counter already)!!! I have to admit though a few of them are kind of small, but who cares! I have NINE cantaloupes! WHOO HOO!
Now I will be able to enjoy a nice weekend of General Conference instead of canning!
The first piece of good news was I bought our Halloween costumes today and got $20 off coupon from a magazine I subscribe to. Whoo hoo!
I'm going to apologize in advance because I have been talking about my garden a lot lately. My second piece of good news is that I have I FINALLY finished canning my huge pile of tomatoes from our garden. We had so many, I begged my family and friends from our ward to save me from canning more tomatoes. THANK YOU!!! I still ended up with a big pile on on my counter which I have lovingly named "Monson's Tomato Mountain." I started out at a good pace and I would have been done by probably 3pm, but obviously I did have a child to take care of so instead I was done by about 8:30 p.m. I ended up canning 13 pint size jars of stewing tomatoes. It would have been 14 but one of the jars broke in the water bath. Within a week I have canned 22 (technically 23) jars of tomatoes! I am so DONE!
The third piece of good news is when I looked out at my sad little almost dead garden today, I found quite a treat! EIGHT cantaloupe which gave us a grand total of NINE (I had one on my counter already)!!! I have to admit though a few of them are kind of small, but who cares! I have NINE cantaloupes! WHOO HOO!
Now I will be able to enjoy a nice weekend of General Conference instead of canning!
1 comment:
Way to go! I am very impressed. What are you going to do with all those canned tomatoes?
Post a Comment