December 3, 2009

Catch up

Okay so this is the post that I play catch up. I'm kind of a procrastinator, so this post may be kind of long.

Thanksgiving Thursday- We ended up spending it with Brian's parents this year. I could still kick myself for not taking any photos, but oh well. Can't do anything about it now. It was so nice to only have one Thanksgiving dinner to go to. We usually do a Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family and Brian's. Our family dinners ended up being at the same time, so we only went to one.

Black Friday- I had decided to go shopping with my mom and my sister early in the morning....crazy, I know. I had decided to stay the night at my sister's house because we needed to plan where to go. I along with my mom had gotten up at 4am! My sister.....not until 4:30. It was crazy! Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The real and only shocker was when a guy carrying his daughter on his shoulders got hit accidentally by a woman's cart. He started making a scene cussing at her telling her to watch where she was going as if she did it on purpose. He had called her a not so nice word over and over. I came so close to telling him what a great example he was setting for his daughter. Stupid idiot! Why do people act like that? Seriously. It's people like that who should just stay home on black Friday. The crazy thing is, everything I bought was not on sale :(
I am practically done Christmas shopping though. I the only thing I have left to buy are stocking stuffer! Whoo hoo!

Saturday- Brian turned the big 3-0! What an old man. Ha ha ha! 30 never looked so good! I had decided to throw Brian a surprise party. I felt kind of bad because I was freaking out about making pies (he likes pies instead of cake) and making sure the house was clean. I was sure my cover was blown. We were running a little late so I started freaking out about that too. My poor hubby. He's so good to put up with me. We had taken Brian out to eat at The Pie Pizzaria. The BEST pizza place EVER!!! Ahhh.

When we finally got home, I was thinking Brian was going to walk in the house before I could get a picture of him. Luckily, he was just unlocking the door and came back to the car for Tali. He was so surprised! He had NO clue about the party!


Instead of having cake and ice cream, we had pie and ice cream. I made a banana creme, Brian made the lemon meringue, and his mom brought an apple pie. I have to admit the pies were pretty tasty being homemade.
I thought this picture was kind of funny with Brian sitting with all the kids.

The kids started playing with the balloons, but the older boys started to get into it too. It ended up becoming a game on who could get the balloon stuck on top of the streamers. I'm glad my honey had a good birthday despite my craziness.

We took this family photo after everyone had left the party. I am so thankful for my wonderful family! Oh how I love them!

3 comments:

jasnjan said...

you are awesome, what a great idea to throw a surprise party! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving it is always less stressful to only have to go to one place. We alternate every other year.

Lera said...

Happy birthday to Brian. What a gorgeous family photo!

Laura said...

I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good. Happy Birthday to Brian and your family pic is so cute.