The aquarium had opened at 10am and we got there shortly after 11am. It was so stinkin' PACKED! I hate crowds because I usually get pretty irritable when I'm confined in areas with lots of people...especially inconsiderate people. So we decided to find a "Plan B."
We looked on our GPS to find somewhere close to where we were that was a family friendly place and since it was getting close to lunch time and I was getting hungry we were looking up restaurants and found Chuck E Cheese! It wasn't my first choice to go for my birthday, but it was fun none the less. Brian and I kept joking around saying that I was getting in touch with my "inner child." After all it's in their jingle on the commercial "Chuck E Cheeses. Where a kid can be a kid!"
We ended up getting 50 coins to play games with Tali.
She was so excited to play games with the coins that she couldn't wait to get started!
The pizza at Chuck E Cheese is terrible! It tasted like you were eating out of an old shoe! You know the pizza is bad when your child who LOVES pizza won't eat more than a bite or two of it.
I tried getting some good pictures of me with the kids, but they didn't turn out because one of them was always moving/wiggling. The best picture I could get was this one:
Tali was really excited when we would play games and it would spit out tickets. She saw a
car that she wanted to ride really bad, but as soon as I put a coin in to make it go, she started to FREAK OUT! I know this sounds terrible, but I wasn't going to waste anything, so I made her stay sitting in it until it was done. I figured she has to get used to stuff like that sometime, right? Despite that, we all had so much fun! I even got to get a picture with the "big cheese"...or rather Chuck E Cheese himself.
I was a little embarrassed to ask to get a picture taken with him, but I figured what the heck. I'm almost 30....uh, I mean 25! I felt like such a big kid. It was a lot of fun!
Tali didn't know exactly what to think of the Chuck E Cheese mouse. Jairus was so tired, I didn't want to bother him to take a picture with the giant mouse.
When we got home, Brian ended up making me my favorite cake (we're not really cake people) while I got comfortable into some jammies. I had been craving carrot cake, so that is what he made me. What a great husband I have!The funny thing is I thought I had candles, but the only one we could find was Tali's #1 candle from her first birthday. Brian just said that we could use it because I'm #1. Cheesy I know, but I love him!
1 comment:
that's funny. lucy loves that place. but we've never tried the pizza. i heard it was bad, guess i heard right!
glad you had a great birthday.
Post a Comment