July 8, 2011

More Construction

 It seems this project of remodeling our kitchen just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  It started off in the kitchen and has since moved to the front room.  The front room project has also become a bigger project than we anticipated.  We've had to patch a few big holes that were discovered after peeling off wallpaper, chisel off quite a bit of plaster, and had to mud and sand quite a bit.

One of the lovely holes that we discovered after chiseling of a bunch of plaster.
 I think our previous owner had issues.  I know he had gotten a divorce.  I wonder if this was the reason for it or if it happened afterward. Hmmm......
   Uncovering yet another hole.  Check out that ugly wallpaper!
 Look at the thickness of that plaster!  WOW!  And now we know why it was that thick.  The holes say it all.
 One of the pieces I chiseled off.
 All I have to say is DUH!
 Can we say ANGER MANAGEMENT?
Brian didn't really do this hole.  He was actually trying to repair it.  I love how animated he gets.  He's so silly!
 Repairing two holes.  Oh what fun!
  Haha!  Check this out!  The drywall pieces didn't quite meet up so instead of leveling them when putting the house together they put mesh over the seam then tried to build it up by mudding over it.  I swear the way people cut corners just amazes me.
I ended up just building up the one side with mud to make it match the other side and then just patched it.  Oh boy!

No comments: