August 4, 2013

Grateful & First Outing

The morning after we got home from the hospital, I looked out my bedroom window to check to see what the weather was like and I saw my wonderful friend and neighbor who is probably in her mid 60's weeding our park strip in our yard.  I had also heard that the day before my pregnant friend across the street was helping pull weeds in my yard.  Needless to say I felt horrible, but at the same time very loved that they would take the time out of their busy lives to do such a kind thing for me.  Later, my pregnant friend also brought over some very delicious banana muffins.  I was so incredibly grateful for these wonderful women.  I had also found out that another one of our neighbors had been helping us by mowing down part of our park strip.  I have been so blessed by so many wonderful people in my neighborhood.  I love where I live!  We seriously have some of the best people out here!

So as a surprise to the kids, Brian and I thought it would be a good idea to take the kids to see the new movie Turbo at the local drive-in.  This of course was Zach's first outing.  He did surprisingly well.  The kids on the other hand, not so much.  Turbo was playing with the new Wolverine movie.  I have to admit, I was not really impressed with either show.  They were both kind of a big disappointment.  I would not waste money to go see them.  I wished we would have waited for them to come out to the Redbox.  The kids seemed to enjoy the Turbo movie though.


No comments: