August 24, 2013
Kindergarten Assessment
On August 19th, our little Tali had her kindergarten assessment. At first, things were a little difficult because Tali did NOT want to do anything especially "go to school." After she calmed down for Brian, she actually did really well! In fact, one of the people who had tested her said that she had scored the highest than any other kid so far that day. I was very proud of her! The funniest thing that happened though was when we were with her (she wouldn't stay in there without us, but we just had to promise not to help her in any way) the teacher testing her (who was just so amazing with her) had asked which letters make which sounds. Jairus who is only 3 years old and hadn't started pre-k at that point yet started giving the teacher the answers. She turned to me astounded and asked "does he really know the answers or is he just copying his sister?" I was a little surprised myself, but told her that he really does know them. She then asked how old he was and if/when he was going to go to pre-k. I was really hoping Tali would get her for her teacher, but I'm sure the teacher she did get will be good too. I am just happy that my kids are ready for school. I think Tali may have a more difficult time the first few times going to school just because she is a little anxious to start school. I'm sure she'll be fine though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment