February 10, 2016

Making Sunday a Delight

     Having four or more kids can get a little crazy at times.  I grew up in a family with six kids.  It was still fun, but crazy.  Anyway, our family decided we were going to try to make our Sundays more meaningful and more focused on the Savior and his atonement. 
     Growing up, I remember hearing and loving several different songs from different LDS artists that helped me to feel the spirit.  As I got older, I bought the sheet music to some of the songs I liked.  This past Sunday I rediscovered my love of music and playing the piano (as best as I can anyway).  It was so fun and a little nostalgic to go through and play songs I used to sing as a child and throughout my youth.  Music certainly sets the mood.  
     My Sunday was not perfect, but just the music alone made me feel more peace.  We ended up having some fabulous lessons in church and some wonderful testimonies were shared that seemed to echo my feelings of struggle as well as peace I had received.
     Here are just a few samples of the music I attempted to play on Sunday.  I realized that I need to work more at developing my musical skills even though I know I will never be as good as so many others I know.  For me, this made my Sunday a delight.  

No comments: