May 6, 2016

Freeze Dried Watermelon!!!

Wednesday evening we decided to cut up a watermelon we had bought from Costco almost a week ago.  When I cut it open I worried it wasn't quite ripe.  I was going to throw it all away, but decided to freeze dry it anyway instead and I'm so glad I did.
Before freeze drying: 
After freeze drying:
It tasted AMAZING!!!!  It was like eating candy!  I also cut up an apple to try it. Even that turned out pretty good.  I was so excited with how it turned out, I woke Tali up to taste it.  The thought occurred to me as I was going to wake her up just before 6am that this is in a small way similar to Lehi's dream when he partook of fruit that was most desirable and wanted his family to partake also.  I'm just glad I was able to get them both to eat it.  Jairus was a bit reluctant at first, but Tali and Jairus both loved it.  I love having these kind of successes.  

No comments: