We made it out the door and to the church on time. We hurriedly went to the bathrooms to change. I then realized that I never told Tali to wear white underwear. Thankfully you couldn't see it very well. There were some wonderful talks given on Baptism by our dear friend Leora Silver. Then the other family had one of their family members give a talk on the Holy Ghost. They had given Tali and the other kid a can of crush soda pop symbolizing that we are stronger when we're filled with the Holy Ghost. She also gave them a larger tootsie roll to remind them about the "roll"s (or roles) of the Holy Ghost. It was pretty neat. Then it was time.
Our daughter was about to make some pretty amazing and sacred covenants. As she stepped into the font, I was overcome with emotions. I was filled with the spirit and knew that this was all so right. The Holy Ghost testified to me again that this gospel is true. Tali was doing the right thing. It was wonderful!
Tali was surrounded by family and friends.
Unfortunately my mom was unable to make it because she had surgery the day before to have some kidney stones removed and was still in pain. My younger brother and his family were unable to make it due to vehicle issues and Brian's younger brother had to work. We were missing some people, but it still turned out to be wonderful. It was such a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment