September 30, 2016

Hearts of the Children

Today, Brian had brought down his box of mission stuff from the attic. As we were going through it, we definitely found some priceless jems! We had a found a biography of his grandmother (his mom's mom). Wow! What a choice daughter of God! What a woman of faith! 
Lately, Brian and I have been going over stories of our incredible ancestors. It's amazing the kinship and love we feel for people we've never met or knew much about in this life. I half joked with him that it might be a good thing that I never met them for fear I would never be good enough for their grandson. They were incredible people that I could only hope to become some day. On the other hand, I would have loved to be able learn from them. We have definitely felt the spirit of Elijah lately. Our hearts have been turning to our fathers/ancestors. We are so grateful for our heritage of so many faithful men and women. 

No comments: