September 16, 2016
Nickel Auction!
Tonight my new friend Tracy decided to do a nickel auction. Basically, people bring stuff to the host's house that they would have otherwise taken to the DI, Goodwill, etc. and people bid on it starting at a nickel. Then, whatever doesn't sell, you can take it back or put it in a pile for the host to take to DI, Goodwill, etc or sell it at the next auction. Tracy decided to do it once a month with others taking turns hosting. I thought it was a great idea! I actually did pretty well. I took $6.00 and come home with $9.90! I ended up with a graduation gown (for a Halloween costume as a Harry Potter character), a skirt for me, two cd's (Shania Twain- Come on Over & the Harry Potter soundtrack) 2 pairs of jeans and a nutcracker Christmas tie and a set of knives for Brian, two dresses for Tali along with a pair of pants, a shirt, a bracelet, a purse, two pairs of pants for Jairus and a Spider-Man beanie hat, and a Star Wars shirt for Zach. It was perfect! Tali needed some new dresses, Jairus and Brian needed pants, I needed a robe of some sort and the Harry Potter soundtrack cd for Tali's class party. I can't wait for next month's nickel auction! It was so freaking awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment