Yesterday, Brian and I were driving home from the store when some inconsiderate jerk cut us off and just about hit us! I was so mad! As I was venting my frustration, Brian was trying to calm me down when I said in my defense "DUH! Why are people so stupid on the road?" I then heard this small little voice in the back seat say "DUH!" I couldn't help but laugh. It was then that I figured I really need to watch my mouth.....that and the fact Brian didn't want me to belittle people in front of her.
I think everyone knows by now that Tali absolutely LOVES books. I started to question this yesterday as she was just playing quietly in her room. I went to check on her and noticed a piece of paper on the floor. As I examined it, I noticed that it was from one of her newer books that we had bought for her. This isn't the first time she's ripped something out of one her books. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to discipline her for this heinous act. Do I take away her books? I should be glad that she prefers to "reads" them instead of playing with her toys. I temporarily had put her books away, but I feel guilty about taking them away because she loves them so much. What's a mom to do?
I think everyone knows by now that Tali absolutely LOVES books. I started to question this yesterday as she was just playing quietly in her room. I went to check on her and noticed a piece of paper on the floor. As I examined it, I noticed that it was from one of her newer books that we had bought for her. This isn't the first time she's ripped something out of one her books. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to discipline her for this heinous act. Do I take away her books? I should be glad that she prefers to "reads" them instead of playing with her toys. I temporarily had put her books away, but I feel guilty about taking them away because she loves them so much. What's a mom to do?
2 comments:
Nathan did that when he was little and we put away all the regular books til he was a little older and only let him read his board books. Now he's much better with regular books.
I went to D.I. and bought a ton of books that only cost like 50 cents each and let Grace play with them all she wants. Since they were so cheap, it isn't that big of a deal if she ruins them. Most of them are the ones with cardboard pages and they were all in pretty good shape. I put any with paper pages up higher on the shelf and we read those together. It works for us.
Post a Comment