July 3, 2009

Sychopy

Wednesday morning, I gave Brian a little scare. I got up really early because I couldn't sleep. It was really hot, so I got up went outside to look at our curbing took some pictures of the sunrise (which NEVER happens mainly because I never get up at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning) and surfed the internet while waiting for someone to wake up. Brian had woken up at about 7:00 and so I got up to give him a hug. I then started to bend backward to stretch and that is when the drama happened. I had gone limp and passed out. Luckily Brian was there to catch me. Brian then tried to lay me down and my body started twitching. He thought it was a seizure, but there's no medical history of seizures in my family and I had certainly never had one before. I remember hearing Brian call my name and feeling like I had no control over my body. I couldn't even see. It was the weirdest thing I had ever experienced before in my life.

After some convincing, I finally went to the doctor. He told me that since it didn't last longer than a minute and since I didn't bite my cheek or anything, it wasn't a seizure. He said that basically when I bent back I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my brain which caused me to pass out, but when I bent backwards (like doing a backbend) it also somehow made it so I wasn't getting enough blood to my brain which caused my body to twitch. He said it was kind of like my body's way of restarting itself. He did say that I wouldn't "win an award with those reflexes" though. Apparently they weren't very good. It was kind of awkward though when he was checking my reflexes though, so who knows.

In other news, our curbing is in!!! Our yard looks so much better! I will have to post pictures later. We did 138 feet of curbing in our front and backyard. With color and a cobblestone texture, it was $3.75 a foot. It really does make a big difference in the yard!

1 comment:

Lera said...

Weird stuff! I'm glad you're okay!