This afternoon I had taken a nap. I guess I was half awake when I heard something very odd. At first I thought what I was hearing was the product of a very odd dream. I then realized that what I was hearing was actually coming from the TV.
When I fully woke up, I saw Tali was engrossed in a show called Dinosaur Train. On this show, they were talking about....let's see, how do I put this delicately.....poop.
I had heard a dinosaur say "when you have to go potty, you need to listen to your body and go." They then discussed how you shouldn't hold it. They then went on to discuss how larger dinosaurs have bigger poops among other things. This was shortly followed by a song about how "every dinosaur poops." I have to admit I was so shocked at what I was hearing, I couldn't help but laugh. I know. It's a little juvenile. I guess the funny part was how Tali was so engrossed in it.
I guess it's important to teach your kids about it when the time comes for them to be potty trained, but is it really necessary to write an entire episode with songs about it? What do you think?
When I fully woke up, I saw Tali was engrossed in a show called Dinosaur Train. On this show, they were talking about....let's see, how do I put this delicately.....poop.
I had heard a dinosaur say "when you have to go potty, you need to listen to your body and go." They then discussed how you shouldn't hold it. They then went on to discuss how larger dinosaurs have bigger poops among other things. This was shortly followed by a song about how "every dinosaur poops." I have to admit I was so shocked at what I was hearing, I couldn't help but laugh. I know. It's a little juvenile. I guess the funny part was how Tali was so engrossed in it.
I guess it's important to teach your kids about it when the time comes for them to be potty trained, but is it really necessary to write an entire episode with songs about it? What do you think?
5 comments:
When your trying to get a toddler to understand the "potty" concept, anything helps! My kids just recently started watching Dinosaur Train, but I haven't seen the one about poop.
- Jan
I think talking about poop is great. It's my favorite topic of conversation. :)
Oh my word! That is really funny. Well, I guess whatever works. It probably isn't the way I would choose to educate my kid about potty training. But hey, to each his/her own.
I saw a little bit of the episode. I was a little surprised at the subject as well. But I thought they did a good job explaining it without being inappropriate. TV is some kids only education so it's good for those kids who learn a lot from TV.
We've seen that episode too. I too think its a bit weird, but since my oldest is in the last stages of potty training, I decided to leave it on. It IS a natural process and they did pull it off without being gross about it.
Post a Comment