June 17, 2010

Pergola Pains

Today started off as any other day.  Brian and went and bought some things to finish building the pergola and I got things to clean the interior of our van.  While I was doing the cleaning, Brian was trying to finish the pergola before Father's Day.  As I was cleaning the windshield, I hear Brian come outside from the front door as he yells to me "Ames?  Could you come look at my head?  I think I might have to go to the doctors."  Of course that alarmed me so I ran to see if he was okay.

Apparently, he had set the hammer on top of the ladder, forgot about it, moved the ladder and the hammer fell right on top of his head.  There was a lot of bleeding (which happens with any head wound) so I took him inside and grabbed a paper towel and rinsed it in cold water and tried to clean it up the best I could.  It didn't seem bad enough to get stitches, but I wasn't sure.  He started looking pale and feeling dizzy so we took him to the ER.  I wanted to make sure he didn't have a concussion or anything like that.

When we arrived at the ER, they took him back to lay down while I parked the van and filled out paperwork.  He also had some things he had to sign also.
What a good sport!
This is a picture of his damaged melon.
It wasn't too bad though.  I was a lot better than we thought.  He only needed 3 staples in his head.
See?  Not too bad.  Although they did end up giving him a tetanus shot.  We have to go back in a week to get the staples out.  My poor honey!  The doctors did say that he was okay to go to work so I guess he's okay.  I'm just glad it wasn't worse!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, ow!!!!!!! I'm glad he's okay...Ouch!!!! What good sports you BOTH are! :)

Lera said...

Yikes! Scary! SO glad he is alright.