Here I am right before being induced. Yes, I was little scared and very nervous. I worried that something might be wrong since he hadn't gained any weight and also because I had never had to be induced before. When we got there, they gave me some Pitocin to help speed things up. As the contractions became closer and stronger, I was begging Brian to get the anesthesiologist for an epidural. Apparently the hospital was really busy with a lot of things going on. It seemed like it took forever to get the epidural. I felt like a little baby just whining to make the pain stop. I was so incredibly worried and kept telling Brian I didn't want to have our son "natural." When I finally got the epidural, I got numbed up just enough to take the edge of the pain off the contractions. Next thing I know my doctor comes in and she says "okay it's time. Lets deliver this baby. He's ready to come out!" I was really scared because I could still feel all the pressure and a little bit of pain to the point where I would have to catch my breath. Luckily, it went SO incredibly fast! The doctor didn't even have time to take the bed apart.
The little man was born at 9:18 pm and weighed 5 lbs 2 oz. and was only 18 in. long. Brian and I were so excited to have him here at last! The thing I remember most was looking at him and noticing this reddish blond hair. I thought for sure he'd have dark hair of course then again when I was baby I had about his same color of hair too. Here are some of our very first photos of little baby Jairus.
Our newest addition!
My sister came by to bring us a gift after she got off of work. Little did she know we had already had Jairus by the time she got there. She was so excited to see her newest nephew.
My experience at the hospital was the BEST! The staff was awesome! The recovery wasn't nearly as bad which was great because I needed very few main meds and the food was actually descent too! I was so glad everything turned out so well!

This was during the little guy's first bath. He really liked having his head washed, but the rest of the bath he didn't like so much.
Awww! He is such a good little baby!
Father and son!
Tali was THRILLED to see her little brother. She already loved him so much. She does look a little mischievous though. Maybe she knows she can now blame someone else when she gets into trouble....
I know this photo is a little overexposed, but I still thought it was super cute and sweet.
"Everybody SHHHHH! My baby brother is SLEEEEEPING!"
I just love this picture. I think it's priceless!
Our first family photo with the little guy. I am so thankful God blessed me with my beautiful family.
2 comments:
Congrats! He's a cutie; looks so much like Tali.
i would be nervous about being induced too. and the fact that he was so little. and he was! little man.
Post a Comment