July 4, 2010

West Fest & Sweet Dreams

Every year we attend the West Fest parade and check out the booths and things.  This year though I have to admit I was quite disappointed.  The parade seemed as though it was nothing but politicians.  Don't get me wrong, I know it's an election year and all, but aren't the parades supposed to be for the kids?  They don't care who the politicians are.  There were a few dance groups and bands, but for the most part it was mainly politicians.  There was only 1 float which was from Murray.  2 floats if you count the Tuff shed that came by one wheels.  Here is a picture of the only real float.
I guess the most important thing is is that Tali enjoyed herself....especially with all the candy everyone kept throwing out.  I had to actually put most of it away so Tali wouldn't make herself sick thinking she had to eat it all right then. 
I absolutely LOVE her cheesy grin!  She just cracks me up!
Oh how she loves her Daddy!

After the parade, we headed over to the booths that were set up at the park.  I was really disappointed because the last couple of years, Brian and I would at least pick up a churro and maybe something fun to take home, but this year it was as though there was absolutely nothing that really stood out.  We were thinking about maybe going on some kiddie rides, but considering my condition as well as the fact that Brian had to work, we thought it best to just go back home.  We did end up using some coupons though for lunch at Little Caesars though.  
A couple of days after the parade, I had woken up and went in to check on Tali.  This is how I found her.
She is so funny sometimes.  She had gotten up out of her bed at night, and pulled her carebear out of her toy box to sleep with.  I thought it was really sweet!

No comments: