October 12, 2010

Halloween Costumes

This year as Brian and I were trying to figure out what to dress up for Halloween this year, we decided we didn't want to spend a lot of money on new costumes.  Since we weren't able to go out last year trick-or-treating because everyone was sick, so we decided to just reuse our costumes from last year,  Yes, we are doing The Wizard of Oz again, but with a new addition.  Costumes are expensive enough without having to buy four new costumes.

Last year, Brian was the Scarecrow, I was dressed as Glinda the good witch, and Tali was Dorothy.  This year we're adding the Cowardly Lion.  I wanted to make sure Tali's costume fit, which of course it didn't so we had to buy her a new Dorothy costume.  I wanted to make sure the new one would fit so I put it on her and had to go the next size up.  When we put the larger one on her, she looked so darn cute I had to get a visual with the whole thing (shoes, hair, make-up etc).  Yes I ended up taking pictures.

Isn't she the cutest Dorothy ever?!?

Jairus's costume on the other had was difficult to find.  All the lion costumes I found for "infants" were for those that were 6-12 months.  Since he is only 3 months I had a hard time finding one that would be even remotely close to his size.  The smallest one I found was 0-6 months and that is still big on him.  Oh well. Here are his photos.
 
    The sweetest little lion ever!
 
This Halloween will be so much fun!  I really cannot wait!

2 comments:

Lera said...

They look super cute! If you aren't entirely happy with Jairus' costume, I saw some infant lion costumes at Toys R Us today. They were only $14.99 on sale too. But I do think the costume he is wearing is slightly cuter than the ones I saw.

Laura said...

Both are very cute. I love the huge mane on the lion.