October 11, 2010

10 Years

This past Friday was my ten year high school reunion.  We had it at the Stonebridge golf course.  I was on the planning committee with some awesome people.  We were worried that very few people would show up, because at first, not very many people were going to go so they were going to cancel it.  A lot of people were getting upset at the thought of the reunion being canceled and we decided to do it after all.  We ended up having a really good turnout.  I didn't see really any of the friends I had in high school that I hung out with on a regular basis, but I did get to know some other people better and made some new friends.  Here are a couple of pictures I took of a few of the new friends we made.
At the reunion, we had this raffle and we ended up taking home coupons for a free water massage and a Candlelit Christmas at This Is The Place Heritage Park.  I was so excited for the free water massage!  I was coveting that all night....well that and the Hale Center Theater tickets, but at least I got the water massage which I will definitely use!

For our center pieces there were these little goldfish that we could take home if we wanted.  Brian though Tali would love them, so we ended up taking them home.  Tali was SO excited, but since Brian had already named them Shrek and Fiona, Tali wanted one to name Jonah (she loves the biblical story of Jonah and the whale).  We saw these two black fishes and she named the big one Jonah, but then she pointed to a smaller one and started calling it Dory (from Finding Nemo.  It looked NOTHING like Dory.  It was a black fish).  I then saw two pretty white and orange goldfish and we named them Tiana (from Princess and the Frog) and the other Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty).  The funny thing is we ended up decorating our tank with pirate stuff which is kind of ironic considering our high school mascot was a pirate.  We didn't even plan it that way either.

We had so much fun.  I really enjoyed everyone's company and getting to know other people.  A big thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make our reunion awesome!

My awesome friend Chelsey was kind enough to watch my two kids while Brian and I went out to the reunion.  THANKS CHELS!    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sad that I wasn't ale to make the reunion! But so happy to see you have a blog, I LOVE to blog stalk! I have a blog also if you wanna check it out www.evenhuisclan.blodspot.com