July 27, 2013
False Alarm
This morning at about 1:24 am, I started getting regular and consistent contractions that had started to increase in intensity. I charted them for about an hour and a half. They were about 3-4 minutes apart on average. I thought oh great this is it! I called Brian at work, he came home, I was able to get a kind woman from my ward to sit with the kids and then we were off to the hospital. When we got there, the nurse told me I was dilated to a 3 and about 75% effaced which I thought was odd considering the last two weeks I was 80% or more effaced. So they strapped me up to the monitor and then told me to go walk around. As I did so, the contractions got so painful to the point I would hold on to something and bend over to catch my breath. The last time I was in labor and reached that point I was asking for the epidural. I have a low threshold for pain, but try to toughen it out. As the time progressed, the nurse came back and told me they were going to discharge me because I was only dilated to a 3, possibly a 4, but my cervix was now "mushy" whereas before it was "firm." I was so upset. I seriously just wanted to break down. So my hubby and I decided to go to IHOP for some breakfast and then head to his parent's house so we could relax, take a nap/sleep. We didn't want to drive all the way back home and waste all that money in gasoline so we decided to stay somewhere closer to the hospital. Now I am just waiting for contractions to start up once again. Oh goody! :P I really hope this little guy decides to come today. It is getting a little too close for comfort to the date that I don't want. My fingers are crossed and I'm praying a lot that things work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment