July 11, 2013

New Change

Today my hubby started his 12 hour shifts at work.  :P  I definitely am not a fan of this new change.  I do have to count my blessings though.  Although it really stinks not to see him as much, at least he has a job with insurance.  It really hasn't been too bad considering when he was working 8 hour shifts, he would be asleep and then be gone just as long at work.  I just really hope that it is temporary whether he gets a new position or a new job.  If not, I know that it is the Lord's will for us right now.  By the mercy of God we have been provided for, so I need to be grateful for all that we have.  On the upside, at least he'll have three to four days off depending on the week.  I was just glad that the kids were pretty well behaved while we are still adjusting to this new schedule.

Yesterday, I was starting to get a little nervous because of the progress my body had made this past week with the baby.  Last night I counted several contractions and was wondering if maybe they were going to intensify to the point that I'd have to go in, but thankfully they calmed down after a while.  Today I was taking it easy so as to not put myself into labor.  Little man can't come for at least another week to be safe.  I do however think he'll come early on his own.  I can't wait to meet our new little guy!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

It seems there's always a trade off with work. :( On the upside, he'll have 3-4 days off, like you said. I hope this new shift is temporary!