July 17, 2013

Good with the Bad

Well, I have good news and I guess not so good news.  Good news- I was able to pick up my free double electric pump that was from our insurance.  Bad- Today at my doctors appointment, I found out that my body is making progress, however it wasn't exactly what I would have hoped for.  Last week after my appointment, I had started contracting consistently, however they didn't increase in intensity and then they just stopped.  Then, any time I would stand from a sitting position, I would start contracting.  So this week when I went in, I expected to have progressed much more than last week.  I had definitely noticed the little guy had dropped.  This week I had progressed only one centimeter but little man's station position was a -1 when last week he was at a -2.  The thing that made it worse was my doc had told me that she was expecting I'd be at a four or a five in dilation and then she would have admitted me, but since I was only at a three, I'd have to wait.  Then, she also told me that my body is currently more progressed now than I was when I was admitted and in labor with my other two  kids.  Can we say depressing?!?  I know this may sound selfish, but I am so done.  It has been very frustrating and difficult with the kids when I can't run or bend over to pick things up or even pull weeds to make my yard look presentable.  Brian can't really do yard work because of his work and sleep schedule.  I just hate not being able to do simple tasks.  I am also really wanting to meet our little guy!  Oh, the woes of the impatient.

On the upside my doctor did say that she didn't think that I would go more than a week or two more.  So, when I had got home from my appointment, I started to finalize packing for the hospital...just in case.  I also started becoming more concerned about what would happen if I did go into labor during the middle of the night while Brian was at work.  I swear someone is seriously watching out for me because two women from my ward had offered to either drive me to the hospital or call them in the middle of the night if I needed to.  I am feeling so incredibly blessed despite the disappointment I was feeling earlier today.  I am feeling so loved and I know that I am not forgotten or merely just another person in the universe.  I love the friends and neighbors I have!  I love where I live!  They may not know that by such a simple gesture or a simple act of service or kindness, how much they have blessed my life.  All in all, I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I'm so glad you have friends to help you out!!! See? No more stress. :) Now you can tell your body to relax and have the baby! haha I don't know how you can relax and have a baby, actually.... :) I'm excited to see what your little man will look like! Hang in there, friend!