Earlier today, I decided to try doing the potty training thing again. I don't really know why. At first, I was expecting a lot of accidents. When we had tried before, I had gotten very discouraged. Although the first time we had tried, Tali did empty her own potty and change her own underwear. So I guess it wasn't a total loss.
Today, I thought "Well, maybe if I were to just put her on the potty before her bath and see how that goes." Sure enough, I had her sit on the potty, turned the water on (I think sometimes that helps) to warm up the bath and then I started to hear it. She was going potty in HER potty and not on the floor!!! WHOO HOO!!!! She even emptied her own potty into the toilet and flushed it all by herself!
After the first time of going in the potty, she did have two accidents. I know she's still learning so it is understandable. Since her accidents were happening in the front room, I decided to bring her potty in the front room. I set her on it for a little bit and let her watch a cartoon. Not long after, she went in her potty again!!!! She has been doing so well! I know she'll continue to have accidents, but I'm just THRILLED she's making progress! I am so proud of her!
2 comments:
very nice! way to go tali!
That's awesome! I hope it works out for you! Lilly went twice in June #1 once and #2 Once. Then she had no interest in her little potty after that and only wanted to sit on the big potty which she could barley balance on, and so she didn't have the patience to sit there long enough to go. She finally decided to try her little potty again in December after Kate was born. So I decided to try putting her in panties and the potty in the kitchen, we had a whole day of success with only one accident, it was awesome! The next three days we we had to go out every single day so I kept her in diapers and now she won't put on panties again. Every time I ask her if she wants to try again she says, "No, I'll just go in my diaper." *Long Sigh*
Post a Comment