May 2, 2011

Changes

Recently I have been feeling really overwhelmed.  Brian is finishing up another semester which is great, but I kind of feel like I'm on a change overload.  I had gone to a RS activity that was about organizing your life and basically de-junking your house.  I had gone through my house and had gotten rid of A LOT of stuff.  It felt so good!  One thing I kept thinking of in the back of my mind was I don't want to have to pack such and such when we eventually move, so I would toss it out.  It was great to have things be less cluttered.  It was amazing to see how much junk we kept around.  I thought it was a little weird to think about having to pack stuff up to move when Brian won't be graduating for at least another year. 

Today we found out that the company Brian works for has just been bought out (which still baffles me because it's a HUGE company!).  We're really nervous about how it will affect his pay, benefits, etc.  On top of that, Brian has also been trying to get a different position at his work so everything seems up in the air.   

We had originally planned on going on vacation to Arizona, but for some reason, something wasn't feeling right.  I started looking into places we could go for inexpensive that were semi-close but far enough away to take a road trip.  I started looking into Denver, Colorado.  Neither of us had ever been there, but we both felt that was where we should vacation.  I know this sounds really weird because that never happens.  It's just a vacation....or so I thought until one day this week I was going over vacation plans in my head when all of a sudden it hit me.  I had the impression that maybe the reason for us going to Colorado is to scout out places to live once Brian finishes school.  I am not saying we are going to move there.  I am saying that it may be a possibility in a couple years.  I really kind of scares me though to be away from everything I know.  Wherever God wants us though, we will be there.  I know I have quite a while to worry about stuff like this, but the timing of everything seems a little too coincidental.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You never, EVER know what life is going to bring. I never thought I'd live away from UT. And once we settled in ID I didn't think we'd be back so soon (4 1/2 years) so life brings changes everyday, but it sounds like you have the right attitude.

BreAn said...

Like Laura has already said, you never know what life is going to bring. I NEVER thought I would move to Utah, then I NEVER thought I'd settle here. If you move, we'll miss you but good for you for being willing to go where the Lord wants you to go.
How was your vaycay then?? Did you end up going to Denver??