November 5, 2008

A Moment in History

The 44th President of the United States of America
is....

Barack Obama


Last night this country made history. We have elected the first African American as President of the United States of America. We have come a long way. It was truly an emotional night.

We obviously were ecstatic! While listening to his acceptance speech, we were so inspired. Senator John McCain gave a pretty good concession speech as well. He was very gracious. It was nice to hear him call for unity. We couldn't agree more! It was an AMAZING night. Most of us never thought we would see this day. For the first time in a long time, I felt like there was a sense of unity. We are so proud of our new President of the United States of America....Barack Obama!

3 comments:

Martha Belle Schultz said...

It was emotional for me too , I felt the unity and it was neat to be apart of an amazing historical event !

cherilyn said...

hooray! nice post, and thanks for the comment on my blog too.

Janna said...

I think it will be interesting how the next 4 years go. I can't imagine them being worse than the last 4. Hey, I tagged you on my blog. I thought it was kind of a fun one.