January 21, 2010

Fever

I have recently discovered that I have caught THE fever.....Spring fever that is. It's not due to any warmth in the climate (although that would be nice), but I think it's more so because I have been getting planting magazines (from Burpees as well as Burgess- two very good magazines for your planting needs) in the mail along with emails from Springhill Nursery. I've been trying to plan out what fun things we can do to our yard this year.

This photo was taken last year when all our tulips were in full bloom. Oh how I love to see warmth and color and life! Oh and lets not forget the sweet smells of Spring flowers! Ahhhh!

This year we are planning on planting a scarlet red maple tree in our front yard (only $5 or so from Burgess and it will already be 3-4ft tall when we get it) as well as some ground cover and other nice plants for when the spring flowers quit blooming. We've also got some fun yummy things planned to grow in our garden this year! I CANNOT WAIT!!! Spring cannot come soon enough!

So for now, I have no choice but to wait 3-4 months for my favorite time of year.

1 comment:

Cher said...

me too! brent's already ordered our seeds, we doing it all from seeds this year. they're patiently waiting in our kitchen.