January 19, 2010

Oh happy day!

Last night was my last official meeting on our HOA board! Whoo hoo! I was serving as the secretary. Once I became pregnant, Brian and I thought it would be best for me to resign in order to avoid more stress so I can take it easy. It was also getting difficult to find time to complete the meeting minutes when Tali wanted every bit of my attention.

I think we made some pretty good progress though. At our community's annual meeting last night, we announced to the homeowners that we were going to be getting a new fence for the community. Right now it is a really ugly ghetto pepto-bismol pink fence that is in a zig-zag shape. I know. It is hideous! The new fence will be a really pretty tan colored fence (it's not going to be vinyl, but it will be made of a material that is a little more sturdier than vinyl) that has kind of a rock look to it. Of course right now, anything is better than the hideous fence. NO MORE UGLY FENCE!!!

In other news, Tali has been becoming little miss independent. She is learning so much. Recently, she has learned to turn her potty into a step stool and turn the light on in the bathroom. The other day when I was getting ready to give her a bath, she had figured out how to take off her diaper all by herself. Luckily it was dry and not messy. She also dresses and undresses herself with little help from me or Brian. She has also been talking a lot more too! When I was playing with her the other night, she was trying to hide from me and I said "I see you!" She then repeated "see you!" She did the same thing when I told her I was going to get her. She said "get you!" It was so darn cute!

Tali has also been getting more interested in the "potty." I'm getting really excited to start potty training her! I've been reading this book that my sister-in-law Libby suggested to me for potty training. It was called Toilet Training In Less Than A Day by Nathan H Azrin and Richard M Foxx. I highly recommend it! We went to the library on Saturday and picked up some little kid books about potty training for Tali so she could basically get the idea of the potty. She really loves them!
Let's just hope she stays interested in them.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad she's talking more. Good luck with potty training. I'll have to go check out that book.

Lera said...

I've been interested in that book. I'll have to check it out since the potty training time is nearing for us as well and I have no idea what to do.

That's great that they are replacing the fence. It is a bit of an eyesore.

Cher said...

ugggh. potty training. lucy's the worst at it. i'll have to check out that book too.