Being pregnant really makes you realize how unsexy you really are....or at least feel. I realized this watching Scrubs tonight. I could totally sympathize. There was this very pregnant woman trying to catch the attention of her doctor husband who was being seduced by some "hot" chick (Heather Locklear). This very pregnant wife was trying to copy the moves of this "sexy" woman by jumping up on the counter and crossing her legs in front of the doctor. The wife kept trying to get up on the counter, but couldn't due to the swollen baby bump. It was freaking hilarious! It then showed Heather Locklear eating seductively then panned over to the pregnant wife taking a bite of a burger and getting sauce all over her mouth. I couldn't help but let out a good hearty laugh. Luckily my daughter stayed asleep. Whew!
As I start to notice my waistline slowly getting larger, the feelings of being less desirable start to creep into my head despite my best efforts of trying to be "sexy" for my hubby. I'm sure all you mothers have felt the same during your pregnancies. I think the most difficult part of pregnancy is the awkward stage of just looking fat. I don't really consider myself a vain person, but at the same time I cannot wait to get back to my pre-baby body once it is born. For now, I will gladly put on the pounds to have a healthy baby and give up on the whole idea of trying to look sexy. I guess it's a good thing my hubby didn't marry me for my looks! :)
1 comment:
Yay for another adorable Monson baby!! :) And just so you know, I've actually heard that men think that prego bellies ARE sexy, so don't think too much about it. You are beautiful, and will be more so as you let that little one grow inside of you!! Good luck with the next few months, I am so excited for you guys! :)
Post a Comment