Back in October, our ward was going through a lot of changes. Our bishopric was released and we received a new bishopric. Our previous bishopric was awesome! Our New bishopric though will be really good too, I believe. The funny thing is when I heard we were getting a new bishopric, I was fairly confident on who our new bishop was. It was really odd. I'd never really thought too much about it before. Our second councilor was previously the Elder's Quorum president (who is still the second councilor in the bishopric) and I joked about our previous Elder's Quorum President also being in the bishopric which actually turned out to be right. I'm really excited that these wonderful men were called. I believe they will do a fantastic job. I am also grateful to have learned a lot from our previous bishopric and for their years of service.
Later that night, I was talking one of my best friends and somehow we got on the subject of children and I was telling her that I had a feeling that I wasn't sure that we would have anymore children because i didn't think I would have the patience to handle more than two children. As I was talking to her, I turned the tv on for background noise and what would you know that a re-run of the October 2011 General Conference was on. The talk that was on was by Neil L. Anderson and it was on children. I got the impression that we were not yet done having children. I immediately started to question my answer when Elder Anderson quoted President Kimball with the question "Where is your faith?" It seemed I had received my answer to whether or not we should have more children. As I was feeling a little overwhelmed, I started telling another friend about my recent revelation I heard another answer from another talk words of comfort.
Another change that I decided I needed to work on was also inspired from our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson. His talk wasn't entirely even based on prayer, but one thing he said that did stand out to me was "I have had countless prayers answered. Not a day has gone by that I have not communicated with my Father in Heaven through prayer. It is a relationship I cherish—one I would literally be lost without. If you do not now have such a relationship with your Father in Heaven, I urge you to work toward that goal." The interesting thing was that once I started actually talking to my Heavenly Father as I would a friend, it was truly amazing how much closer I felt to him and felt that I was being heard and answered. I felt loved. I could not believe what a small change like that had made in my life. It's something that needs to be worked on everyday otherwise, we miss out on so much.
I have never received so many answers or guidance from a General Conference as I did from this past one. I continue to go back over the words again because I feel they were meant for me. I'm so thankful to have such inspired leaders of the church to help to share with us the tools we need to get through this life. I love hearing the words from our church leaders. I love the feeling of being edified and rejuvenated. I can't wait to hear from them again at the next General Conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment