August 14, 2008

BABY GENIUS!

In the beginning, I thought this whole schedule thing was a breeze. Tali slept really good and I don't mean to brag, but it seemed like a piece of cake........that's were I went wrong!

I never thought motherhood would be a piece of cake by any means, but Tali was doing so good with a schedule she went into it with such ease. It was like she was a natural pro at conforming to a schedule. Now her constant refusal to take naps is exhausting! I lay her down for her nap a little sleepy, but she wakes up a half an hour later. I go in to check on her and she just looks up at me smiling hoping I'll give into her and go play with her. I've made this mistake before. Don't let those bright eyes and smile fool you! She knows how to play the game! The one time I gave into her, she was SO incredibly cranky 5-10 minutes later that I had put her back down because I could tell she was still really tired. It's so hard to try to be firm when your baby looks at you like that. She really knows how to play on the heartstrings!

Okay, I know Tali is still a little young for this, but it was fun anyway. Yesterday, when she was supposed to be napping (of course) I decided maybe a little classical music would help. So I decided to play simplified versions of Pathetique (by Beethoven) and Canon (Pachelbel). She seemed to like it. I then got the thought that maybe I could give her a little Music 101 course. I put her little fingers on the piano so she could tell that when you push the keys they make noise. Her and I then played around for a few seconds and then we started playing a mean version of Mary Had A Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I really enjoyed it. It's just a bummer that she won't remember it. That's okay, there will many more memories we can build at the piano together.

No comments: