August 30, 2008

NEW ART

Today, Brian and I had gone to an art gallery at a hotel downtown because they were selling a bunch of art paintings anywhere from $19-$99.00.
We bought these two pieces because we just fell in love with them. It's kind of odd that we bought these as apposed to landscape paintings which I'm usually more into. I don't know why but for some reason the picture of the woman just captivated both Brian and me. I also loved the smaller painting of the couple.
We saw many paintings that we loved; landscapes mostly. Some of them reminded us and Thomas Kinkade, Van Gogh, Picasso, Michael Angelo or Monet. There were some REALLY nice ones of Paris that I would have LOVED to buy, but we couldn't afford all of them.
Brian and I want to eventually buy more art to hang around our house, but I guess we'll just have to do it a little bit at a time.

2 comments:

Lera said...

Very cool. I'm excited to see them in real life!

Lynette said...

I'd like more art like that myself! I think you picked some beautiful paintings! Where was this at?