February 16, 2012

Great Friends!

I am so grateful for my friends.  One friend of mine had posted this quote on facebook that really hit me today.  It was from a talk by Marvin J. Ashton in the Ensign (I'm not sure which issue).  The title of the talk was "The Tongue Can Be A Sharp Sword."  It read:

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse... to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."

There have been certain things going on that have really been weighing on my mind.  This quote from this talk really made me feel a little better about my current situation.  I just wanted to share it.  Thanks Netty for sharing it with me.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

You're welcome. :) The quote was in an article from this month's Ensign. I was reading the Ensign while eating breakfast this morning. :)