February 5, 2012

A Tragic End

I had just learned of the death of the two sons of Susan Cox Powell.  From what I have read and seen, the social worker who was there to supervise visitation with Josh Powell had witnessed the most horrific thing.  Apparently what had happened was the children of the (I can only assume) late Susan Cox Powell had got out of the social worker's vehicle and ran to their father's house.  Josh then blocked the way of the social worker grabbed the kids and locked the door behind him.  Seconds later the social worker went to call her supervisor because she had smelled gas and then the house went basically exploded killing Josh and the two young boys. 

Since Susan's disappearance I don't think anyone doubted that he killed his wife.  The police always said Josh was a "person of interest."  What kind of man could do that to his wife AND kids????  I will never know. 

Hearing stories such as this is incredibly shocking!  Stories such as these help me reflect on how precious my children are and how much I love them!  It breaks my heart to think that someone would hurt their children that God had entrusted to them.  The only thing I can think of is that at least those kids are having a glorious reunion with their mother.  I'm sure they are wrapped safe in her loving arms again. 

I'm so grateful that we have the gospel.  I don't know where I'd be without it.  Although life is filled with tragedies such as this, I'm grateful to know that we can live with our loved ones again.  That our ties don't end with death.  That there is peace, love and joy to be had in this life and the next.  My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to the Cox family and those who knew those precious children and Susan.  I personally did not know them, but I pray that the Cox family may find peace and comfort.

No comments: