February 5, 2012

Time Out For Women

Back in November, I had the privilege of going to a women's conference that Deseret Book puts on called Time Out For Women.  Basically, LDS musicians and authors come and perform/speak.  It was so incredible.  I got to meet great people and take pictures with pretty awesome people!  I absolutely loved it!  Some of the amazing people there were Sherri Dew (always amazing!), Hillary Weeks (loved her parodies on some songs and her sense of humor), Jericho Road (so amazing!), Brad Wilcox (also amazing), Wendy Ulrich (who was just hilarious!) just to name a few.

One thing that stuck out to me was Hillary Weeks had spoke on changing our attitude.  She had taken around a clicker and every time she had a bad/unkind thought she would click her clicker.  One day her daughter had looked at her clicker and said "Wow, mom!  You're already at 85 bad thoughts?  The day just started."  Hillary said "Oh yeah?"  She then pretended to click again because of her daughter.  Needless to say that when she started looking at all the bad/unkind thoughts, it really brought her down, naturally.  She then tried the next week to click for every good thought or blessing in her life.  She said she was amazed at how fast those numbers on her clicker went up when she paid more attention to the blessings in her life.  Not to mention how much better her day was when she focused on the good rather than the bad. 

Here are some fun photos of my time at Time Out For Women.  I will definitely have to go again!
The two guys in this picture are from the group Jericho Road.  They're kind of like the LDS version of the Backstreet Boys,  Their words, not mine.
 Brad Wilcox.  He was such a good speaker.
 Hillary Weeks was amazing also.  She was such a funny speaker!  LOVED her!
 The Jericho Road boys.  Okay, I actually have to say this because I thought it was pretty funny.  I met these guys probably close to 10 years ago or so and asked them out.  Yep,  I had guts!  They were so nice though.  I actually wrote a few emails back and forth with the guy next to me in the blue tie.  Obviously nothing came of it.  The guy next to him is actually from Sandy, UT.  Haha!  The funniest thing though is the guy from Sandy, UT. said he remembered me, but I think he was just trying to be nice.
 Wendy Ulrich was also just so incredible!  She said that we should celebrate our failures and not to be afraid of them because we always learn something from them.  She also said that we should stop worrying about our weaknesses because people get more happiness from building on strengths.
 Emily Watts Said that we need to have a thick skin.  She said that if beauty is only skin deep and we have thick skin, then how beautiful are we?  :)  She also said that we need to catch our children doing good and basically praise them for the good they do.
 These are some awesome ladies from my ward.  The younger girl to the right of me is one of my totally awesome babysitters!  Love these girls!
 There's never a dull moment with these ladies!
 And more totally awesome ladies!
 The two women on both sides of me helped put this awesome Time Out For Women together in Salt Lake.  Thanks ladies for the unforgettable time!  It was incredible and very uplifting!

No comments: