On January 16th (Yep Martin Luther King Jr. Day) we had an HOA meeting. Can we say DUMB! You NEVER have a meeting like that on a holiday weekend. NO ONE WILL COME!
Okay, now that I have my rant out in the open, I can tell you what is going on. I went to the HOA meeting over at the local fitness center. I had no intention of getting back onto the board. I did it once and that was long enough for me. I knew there were open positions available, but I didn't want to do it again. The reason was because I approached so much at church from people who were either being fined or people who were behind on payments. I don't have ANY control over that stuff. All I do is basically make decisions. Our management company is the one people are supposed to call with things like that. I have told them SEVERAL times! That is what we pay the management company for. I was also sick of the politics. It seemed that the two people who had been on the board the longest were the ones practically making all the decisions. They would let some things slide but others they wouldn't because (I can only assume) they were friends with those people.
Anyway, as it came time for the meeting to start, there was maybe 20 people total that had shown up, maybe less. It then came time for the residence to elect new baord members. There were two positions open and I was determined not to be one of those two. No one was volunteering so someone then said pointing to me Well what about that girl?" And everyone started agreeing. At first I said no. Then the longer it took of no one else (other than one person) volunteering I finally told them yes. So I am now a member of the board at least until I move.
No comments:
Post a Comment